Pedaling for Affordable Housing

Hey everyone, my name is Alex Cohen and I'm graduating from Boston College on May 24. Three Days later, I'm flying to Jacksonville, FL, and I will spend the next two and a half months riding a bike to San Francisco. Along the way, 30 of my fellow riders and I will spend 17 days building homes with affordable housing groups like Habitat for Humanity.

Riding 3,700 miles is a challenge. Raising $4,000 to do it is more of a challenge. All of the funds raised go directly to affordable housing groups across the country. Be a part of this awesome adventure and GREAT cause with me by donating online at www.bikeandbuild.org/rider/3602.

Thanks so much, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Bike!


Hey everyone!

After loads of fundraising, I am now past the $2,000 mark, my bike is assembled and running smoothly, and I am training like crazy out on the roads of Boston.



I finished my sweat equity over Spring Break. I led a group of 12 BC students to Huntington, West Virginia where we worked with the Huntington Area Habitat for Humanity all week. We put up siding, installed kitchen and bathroom floors, put up ALL the cabinets and appliances in the kitchen, built a shed, staked out another house, and destroyed a roof. It was an incredible experience, and I cannot say enough about the amazing hospitality of our hosts in Huntington. If you ever find yourself anywhere near the tri-state area, Huntington is worth stopping by!

Now all that's left to do is fundraise fundraise fundraise! I need just under $2,000 more, and I have less than 2 months to do it. Please give all that you can spare - it's a great cause and I will make sure you get just as much out of the journey that I do. My next post will be a bit about affordable housing, why we need it in America, and what it means to me. So if I haven't convinced you to donate yet, hopefully the next post will!

Keep riding,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment